This is an open invitation to present your research at the L@L PGR seminar series. Presentations of research at any stage are welcomed, including:
- Provisional research ideas and questions
- Finished chapters/articles
- Practice presentations for conferences
- Papers ready to be submitted for publication
We encourage contributions from as many diverse fields as possible, and wish to continue to expand the scope of language and linguistic postgraduate study represented in the seminar series. Previous presentations, for example, have related to:
- Corpus linguistics
- Computational linguistics
- First and second language acquisition
- Language pedagogy
- Forensic linguistics
- Language and theology
- Syntax and grammatical theory
- Language and social media
- (Critical) Discourse Analysis
The L@L PGR seminar series for the first semester of the 2015/16 academic year starts in November 2015, and the scheduled seminar dates are:
- Wednesday, November 18th, 4pm-5pm
- Wednesday, December 2nd, 4pm-5pm
- Wednesday, December 16th, 4pm-5pm
Each meeting will include one or two presentations of 20 minutes, each with 10 minutes for questions and feedback.
All meetings will take place in the Psychology school Conference room 2.18 in the psychology building (2nd floor). The Psychology school is at Lifton Place.
If you’d like to present your work, please complete this form giving an outline of your presentation, with an indication of the session you’d like to present at. Similarly, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us.
We look forward to receiving your abstracts and seeing your work, meeting you at seminars, and continuing with the great success and popularity of the group.
The L@L PGR Organisers